Move over sad bowl of stale cereal.
Half-burnt slice of toast shoved in on your sprint out? Smell ya later!
This smoothie bowl is so, so, so easy - and so good. Like seriously - "this should be dessert" levels of deliciousness. And best of all - it takes less than 5 minutes to whip up.
And doesn't it look pretty? Pretty breakfasts are always FTW.
This doesn't have a complex list of ingredients. You don't need a super cupboard of superfoods either - with only avocado, banana, berries, dates and cacao in it - and a splash of milk - it needs virtually no pre-prep. I like to shove a banana in the freezer before I go to bed, and usually have a stash of frozen berries at all times. And with it being so incredibly nutritious and filling, you're going to be pretty happy all morning!
Berry and Cacao Smoothie Bowl
- 1 large banana - sliced and frozen
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2-3 medjool dates
- 1 dessert spoon of cacao powder
- Handful of mixed berries - frozen, fresh or both
- Milk of your choice
- Stick everything in a blender except the berries. Add a splash of milk.
- Smoosh it up.
- Take a look at the consistency. If it's too thick for you, add a little more milk.
- Smoosh some more. Pour into a bowl. Top with berries and scarf it down!